My motivation to blog is reflected in the quote in my header: "The unexamined life is not worth living". This is slightly tongue-in-cheek as the original quote relates to a deeper analysis of your actions in life, while my blog discusses fluffy, fun things like make-up, fashion and decor. However, the meaning is still relevant: by examining the various factors (even the superficial ones) that make up my life, I give them importance and make them worthwhile. My blog inspires me to find beauty in my everyday surroundings and to aim for constant improvement.
|Evolution of Ella Pretty|
Things that haven't changed:
-My love for researching and sharing beauty secrets - Writing down the products, tips & techniques I've learned about gives me something to constantly refer back to.
-My enthusiasm - I've chosen quality over quantity and generally aim for one post per week. This ensures that I only write when I have something interesting to share - and it's never a chore.
Things that have evolved:
-Interactions with the blogging community - Meeting other bloggers is something I never anticipated when I started blogging - yet I now consider it one of the most enjoyable aspects of blogging. I love finding people who share my interests and getting to know them online and in person.
-My comfort/privacy levels - although I love sharing my thoughts, I'm very protective of my privacy. I don't feel comfortable having my name and pictures all over the internet (which is why a lot of my photos have my face blocked out). However, going to blogger events and interacting with other bloggers has changed a lot of my perceptions, and I'm slowly sharing even more of myself through my blog.
I'd love to know your answer to Noelle's question as well - why do you blog?
- Beautygirl24 - Noelle has enjoyed styling outfits using unexpected color combinations. Mint and hot pink are surprisingly versatile!
- Ella Pretty - Ella's "What's in my Bag" post features her new Marc Jacobs Single bag.
- Lilly's Style - Lilly is mixing bright colors.
- Pearls and Green Tea - Jiye's back from Paris - and she has a "mini" surprise.
- Saltwater Dreams - Andi's reviewing her recent beauty purchases, check out what makes the grade here.
- Schnelle Couture - Danielle is embracing her love for all things nautical.
- Sequins and Stilettos - Skylette is sporting leopard as a neutral here with bright yellow pants!