My best beauty secret at the moment is....baking soda!
St Ives Apricot Scrub) - others claim that large granules can actually damage your skin - and opt for chemical exfoliators (like Lactic acid used in the Philosophy Microdelivery Pads).
Too add to the confusion - there is a danger in over-exfoliating your skin - especially if you are already using a product like the Clarisonic facial brush (as I do).
I was researching Dermalogica's Daily Microfoliant (rice-based exfoliating powder) when I read that baking soda can be used as a gentle exfoliator (just mix 1 TB into a paste either with some cleansing gel or water) - I thought that this would be the simplest option for me. I use it 1-2 times a week in the shower, before applying a mud mask. My skin feels smooth and soft but not irritated (and believe me - my skin is SO easily irritated, even switching shampoo brands can wreak havoc!).
Most people have baking soda lying round the house - so this is definitely worth a try!
What's your favourite beauty tip/secret? Please do share - discovering and sharing beauty secrets is what first drew me in to blogging!
- Beautygirl24 - Noelle has been discovering new beauty products. See what she recommends, and one product she thinks you should avoid.
- Ella Pretty - Ella's reviewing lip balms - find out which one tops her list.
- Lilly's Style - Lilly's keeping it simple.
- Pearls and Green Tea - Jiye shares her favorite make up essentials!
- Saltwater Dreams - See Andi's favorite inspirations for Spring.
- Schnelle Couture - Danielle has re-invented the traditional button-up: wearing it open and belted instantly transforms it from dressy to casual.
- Sequins and Stilettos - Skylette knows to add a bright color to punch up a "Casual Friday" look.