|Different options offered by eShakti|
After browsing the numerous dress styles on their website, I decided on the Victoria dress in Cream. The style reminded me of a J.Crew dress I had admired - and since this was made in cotton, it seemed perfect for summer.
I entered all my measurements on the order form, along with 2 custom modifications: added cap sleeves and below-the-knee length. Two weeks after placing my order, my dress arrived from eShakti's factory in India.
|Worn with Old Navy Wedges (mine were from 2012, this year's version here)|
Worn as a skirt:
|Worn with Sam Edelman Gigi Sandals|
- Really good material and workmanship. The dress is made of a thick cotton that feels soft and stays smooth.
- Because it's based on my actual measurements, it fits me perfectly
- The flared silhouette is not my usual style - but I think I like it!
- The dress comes with a sash that can be tied at the back or front. I wish there was a custom option to remove the sash because the dress already comes with elastic smocking in the back.
- Although I requested the longer-length dress, I'm not sure it suits my figure - I worry that it makes my legs look stumpy!
Getting something custom tailored is a commitment. On one hand, you're getting something that will fit you perfectly. However, unlike off-the-rack clothes, you'll have no idea how the dress will suit you until it arrives on your doorstep.
If you're good at visualizing what you want, eShakti is definitely worth considering!
Have you ever had something custom tailored?
DISCLAIMER: The dress was sent to me by eShakti, but I am under no obligation to provide a favorable review. As you can tell, I wrote my honest unbiased thoughts (as always!!!).