Sunday, December 7, 2014

Winter Style: Black Blazer, Lace Tank and Warm Boots

Jacket: H&M, Top: ExpressBoots: Cougar FIZZ, Clutch: GAP (similar), Necklaces: Forever21 (similar)

I'm a firm believer in dressing warmly... I can't just throw on a coat and be happy - I need cozy covers for my ears, hands and feet too. I think it's because I was born in a tropical country... Hubby was born in England and he's happy wearing a sweatshirt on days when I'm bundled up in my puffy winter coat! (Sidenote: I quickly slipped my coat off to take these photos... it was minus 4C... do I look freezing?)


Since I value warm feet - I was super excited to get the chance to try the FIZZ boots from Cougar. Not only are they oh-so-warm (they're made of Suede with an insulated Micronylex lining)...they're HEAVEN to walk in, because they have a molded memory foam insole. I didn't even know memory foam insoles existed - how come they're not mandatory for all shoes? It makes you feel like you're walking on little clouds! Here are some of my favorite FIZZ-features:
  • Guaranteed waterproof with a non-slip sole - perfect for wet winter weather.
  • Hidden 1.5 inch wedge heel - adds a little bit of height without any discomfort.
  • Almond-shaped toe and pretty gold zipper & tassel details - they work well with jeans but are also chic enough to wear with dresses too!
  • Flexible - some winter boots are stiff and hard to drive with ... these boots allow a full range of movement. This is important to me since I'm a very cautious new driver and pedal control is so crucial!
While the Fizz is my favorite style, I also love the slouchy Fandango Boot and the sturdy Danza Boot too! If you would like your own pair of Cougar Boots - you should definitely enter their contest (details here




Which boots keep your feet warm in the winter?

P.S. For more cold weather tips, check out my Top 5 Snow Day Essentials for Kids.

Linking up with More Pieces of Me and On the Daily Express. 

 Photo credit: Elaine 

DISCLOSURE: Boots were provided by Cougar - but I selected the style myself.

14 comments:

  1. Love this, and the shirt underneath is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kallie - I'm loving how the lace top can look different depending on the color of the tank you wear it with :-)

      Delete
  2. Lovely boots, and you selected some cute ones. I hope the weather warms up some for you. Rachel xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel, they're really comfy and cozy boots :-)

      Delete
  3. I love the jacket and boots and the top is so pretty and feminine! I am not a fan of cold weather so layers, hat, scarf etc~
    from the link up
    please stop by, jess xx
    http://www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess - glad to know we both love our cold weather layers!

      Delete
  4. Pretty! Love the zippers on the boots!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Darcy - the zippers are one of my favorite features on the boots!

      Delete
  5. Well you would make a great model because you manage to look comfortable in FREEZING cold temperatures!! You know I love this outfit and that lace top. :) I'm impressed that such functional, warm boots manage to still look sleek and stylish!
    Gina - On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gina... can you tell my smile is frozen in place - I wouldn't have been able to change my expression even if I had wanted to LOL! And seriously - those boots are just soooo comfy and warm... some things are definitely worth investing in!

      Delete
  6. Oh, nice tip on the boots! And seriously, the lace tank and blazer combo - I need to try this stat! It looks awesome on you!
    Carylee | more pieces of me
    Enter $650 EXPRESS Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carylee - I'm definitely always looking to add cute blazers to my wardrobe - they make it so easy to dress up!

      Delete
  7. Don't worry you don't look like you're freezing ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol!!! Wait until the next outfit post ... Frozen-city!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! Comments are my favorite part of blogging and I respond to each and every one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...